08-27-2019, 11:53 PM
Join Date: Aug 2019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello there mcdarmont. I am certainly no specialist but I found something in my dog Charlie's eye today so I have been researching the web on general dog eye problems and this is my best advice:
- First, change vets. If this particular veterinarian is a friend or long time vet, AT LEAST get a second opinion.
- Next, the crust is discharge. In worse cases of discharge you get a mucus that comes in a variety of colors and crusts.
- Look up all the underlying causes. Conjunctivitis seems to be the leading cause but there are many others that you can find easily online.
- Please don't use your finger to clean the chorkie's eye. It probably isn't the best to use baby oil either. Here are some items: 1. Dog tear stain remover 2.dog eye comb 3. pet eyewash.
- Most importantly, don't give up on finding the solution!
Sorry I can't be of more help, I am actually getting ready to post a question about Charlie's eye problem. Best wishes Mcdarmont.