03-16-2016, 07:44 PM
Join Date: Jan 2016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Puppy OBSESSED with eating mushrooms
I have a 5/6 month old Lhasa, who is obsessed with eating these little mushrooms that are all over my lawn. The first time I saw her do it, I called the vet and he instructed me to administer hydrogen peroxide until she vomited. I have had to do that at least 5 times in the last month, and we are at the point where she can't even go in the yard because she immediately takes off and sniffs these out and eats them. She can't even go out to potty anymore. I think I had the dumbest dog in the world, and am totally at my wit's end because now she is peeing and pooping in the house since she can't use the yard. Is this normal? I have no idea if the mushrooms are poisonous or not or if this is normal behavior. My vet says: "Puppies are idiots. She will out grow it." As far as I know, there is no safe way to eradicate mushrooms from the lawn. HELP!