08-22-2017, 12:34 PM
Join Date: Aug 2017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Last week my Chocolate Lab Suize started spotting after 3 weeks into her heat cycle. It got me concerned because she normally bleeds for no more than 2 weeks. So I decided to take her to the vet, she passed the physical exam with flying colors, no fever, gums looked good, and nothing was swollen around her "area". She also has a normal appetite and doesn't show signs of excessive thirst. Her energy level is normal as well. Her blood came back normal too and to top it off she hasn't spotted anymore.
We had a sonogram done this morning and the vet said she has fluid in her ovaries and uterus. Like every other vet they recommend getting her fixed but they want to do it ASAP (Thursday). Should I get a second opinion? The put her on Ciprofloxacin. They indicated there is no immediate infection.
I don't mind getting her fixed but I would need to take off from work. Which requires advance notice. If I could do it later on, say in a month from now that would be ideal. I realize this forum isn't a doctors office. But has anyone any information or advice they can share with me on this?