This weekend has been a terrifying weekend so far and it just continues. Trucker has be to the e-vet twice to no avail so don't thinking I am not trying or willing to pay whatever to get this sorted out. I am trying to get another appointment with his regular vet today but I am also reaching out to you guys in hopes that you may have some ideas.
A little background:
-Trucker has been on Prozac/(Fluoxetine 30mg once a day for about a 3 days and prior 20mg once a day for a week and a half leading up to that.
-He had what look like an allergic reaction rash on his back on Thursday and when I called the vet about giving benadryl with the Prozac I was told to give his Hydroxyzine/Atarax 50mg twice a day until the rash subsided. He was still taking it when this other such happened.
(this is an example picture not him)
-On Friday he had an accident in his crate while I was at work and I assumed it was because I had been a half hour longer than normal.
-On Saturday morning he was slightly more lethargic than normal but I was told that cold be expected with the combination of Hydroxyzine and Prozac. When I got home after a a 3 hour car show in the morning Trucker could barely open his left eye (there is no real discharge other than normal eye boogers) and when he does get it open it was clear his third eyelid was covering his eye still and his face was sagging.
This alarmed me greatly so I immediately found an open vet who could take him and took him ( I wasn't sure what was going on). Upon hearing the meds he was on they said it was a drug reaction and he just needed 11 to 19hours to flush it out of his system.
So 19 hours go by with no change (actually getting worse now both eyes and sides of face) so I call a different e-vet and ask for an appointment and they say come on over. They say his eyes look fine (keep in mind my dog gets hyper alert at the vet and never acts ill at these moments) and send us home.
The worst part about the whole thing is one second he act normal and fine and I think he is better then the next he is so much worse than before.
He is NOT fine, he is scared, he is in pain. So this time I took pictures. So when they can't see it in person because he is forcing himself to "act" healthy I can show them he is not. I am terrified because I feel like no one is providing me answers no matter how much I pay them. They are letting me down and in turn I am letting Trucker down. So I am turning to this community for help, please don't say go to the vet I did and I WILL CONTINUE TO GO TO THE VET but I feel like maybe if I bring them some ideas it might help.
The pictures in his harness were from right after the second visit: The ones where I am holding his face are from this morning.