Having to decide whether or not to euthanize. - Page 2

Go Back   Dog Forum > Keeping and Caring for Dogs > Dog Health

Having to decide whether or not to euthanize.

This is a discussion on Having to decide whether or not to euthanize. within the Dog Health forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Dogs category; Originally Posted by Dr T Dogs with brain tumors don't do better when symptoms first show. However, your dog is showing typical symptoms of having ...

User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2017, 11:36 AM
  #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T View Post
Dogs with brain tumors don't do better when symptoms first show. However, your dog is showing typical symptoms of having a mild stroke (CVA). The rapid onset, neurological symptoms and self-recovery. You might consider starting your dog on a low level of aspirin. One baby aspirin daily should work. As your vet about it.
Will do. How come none of the vets I've seen ever mentioned a stroke?
mrweirdbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:58 PM
  #12
Senior Member
 
Chas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,629
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
They possibly dismissed it as a cause. Call your vet and ask before giving your dog any medications.


Please don't take medical advice off the net even from someone who says they are a vet.
Aspen726 likes this.
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:54 AM
  #13
Dog Forum ModeraTHOR
 
Aspen726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New England
Posts: 8,032
Mentioned: 1599 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Per our rules, no one should be advising any medicine.
Aspen726 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-02-2017, 02:38 PM
  #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas View Post
They possibly dismissed it as a cause. Call your vet and ask before giving your dog any medications.


Please don't take medical advice off the net even from someone who says they are a vet.
I was going to call my vet about that, but I'm ashamed to say I actually forgot all about this. FYI I haven't given my dog any medicine other than what the vet prescribed. I'm still cautiously optimistic as she hasn't had any vestibular episodes in 2 weeks.
Rain and Chas like this.
mrweirdbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Dog Stairs - Dog Steps - Quality Pet Products
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Too soon to euthanize? Dealing with guilt and anguish BradinPDX Dog Health 22 09-18-2017 02:02 PM
Blind dog with dementia: How do I know when to euthanize? Hollywood1012 General Dog Discussion 2 05-08-2017 09:25 PM
Struggling with decision to euthanize mhop Dog Health 25 12-20-2016 07:41 AM
Can't decide if he's a malinois or something else? gamma647 General Dog Discussion 5 08-07-2016 09:06 PM
Trying to decide if I should rehome my dog phx1clh General Dog Discussion 10 07-24-2016 11:33 AM


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.