10-26-2018, 12:15 PM
Join Date: Oct 2018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dog throws up after drinking water? Vet downplaying problem.
I'm getting desperate. My 9 year old lab/ridgeback mix will sometimes vomit water back up immediately after drinking it. It doesn't happen every time and varies in frequency, but does happen at least twice a week -- sometimes as often as a few times a day.
It's all things water. Ice, snow, liquid of any sort, IMMEDIATELY. Never food. I'm stumped.
Of course I took him to our vet immediately, but I recently changed states and don't really have much faith in this guy... My old vet was fantastic but the new one seems disinterested in diagnosing a problem. He just prescribed some $16/day pills and sent us home. Didn't even check for dehydration until I prompted him to do so.
Conan suffers from undiagnosed seizures which are well controlled by a steady dose of phenobarbital, but I don't think these are related issues. He hasn't seized in a long time and his levels were tested a few months ago and were slightly high, but within the normal range.
Has anyone heard of a problem like this? Can anyone give me advice?