02-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Originally Posted by Shandula
- I think I will e-mail her and just explain that I would really prefer to wait for health purposes and that she WILL 100% be spayed, just not right now. If she says yes, great, if she says no, I don't know what I'll do. I feel it is in her best interest to wait, but I don't want to be shady and register her as a PAL or whatever without her knowledge.
If she says no, do what you feel is best for your dog. The breeder has a responsibility to the dogs she breeds but if you're proceeding responsibly then that's what matters to the rest of the world.
BTW I got Koda around 1.5 years intact, and within the month she went into her second heat. She did fine, it wasn't even very messy (thank god). She was spayed within the next 3 months after that and is doing great. I found she got a tad moody at the end of her heat and we stayed indoors but if things were kept mellow she did alright. If I got a second dog right now in that age that isn't already done I'd probably wait until sometimes between 1-2 years to spay/neuter as well, or look more into OSS.
Btw mixed breeds can compete in obedience, rally-o, and agility, so its not the end of the world though it would be nice to have her papers.