I've already been to the vet about this one, but the vet doesn't know what's going on. I'm looking for any ideas of what could be happening with my male, neutered, nine year old Italian greyhound.
He has had the same symptoms a couple of times in his life, and they've already resolved on their own. The vet can never figure out what's happening when it's going on.
The symptoms are:
- diarrhea (off and on) and soft stool
- pacing at night (pain/discomfort, I assume)
- more reverse sneezing than usual
- seems as though his back or neck is bothering him because he won't do the normal shake thing he usually does when he gets up
- unwillingness to jump up on the bed
- more peeing than usual but not more drinking
- worse at night, restless, clingy
- in between these symptoms, he seems perfectly happy and normal, jumps around, plays with the other dogs, acts completely happy
This has happened three times total now, and the other two times the vet couldn't figure it out. It went away on its own. But this time has been lasting a bit longer. I especially worry about him at night when he does so much pacing around and can't seem to settle.
Any ideas what we should be looking at here? The symptoms just don't seem to match anything...