I found a spot yesterday on my pups outer ear, right at the base where her ear folds. I attempted to clean it yesterday and the flakes still seemed to be somewhat attached, so I didn't push it.
Today I cleaned the flaky skin/fur chunks off. The lesion is a little smaller than a dime. It is superficial on the skin, but is slightly raised. There seems to be a tiny hole in it (not like an abscess). The skin around it looks healthy. She has no other spots on her that I have found.
Background on her:
• Nova is a 4 year old unaltered female.
• I feed 100% raw and have for a few months.
• She has had no history of allergies (aside from a VERY upset tummy with sweet potato treats), but I know this is the age when the environmental allergies typically start showing up.
• She has had no similar occurrences in the past.
• I try to treat things holistically when I can.
• She is not on any medications.
Any thoughts are appreciated!