- [ ] We struggle so much with knowing when is the right time to put our dog down . On one hamd we had said “when she can no longer do the stairs “ then that would be a sign . But on the other hand we see so many other changes in her and we feel guilty keeping her alive .
- [ ] When is it too much pain for a dog ? Her left ACL is torn (over a year now) and we notice her right leg starting to bother her as well. She can do the stairs but hesitates going up and down or will stop half way and sometimes stumble .
- [ ] She no longer jumps on the bed and the couch is a struggle .
- [ ] She’s panting more when she is not hot.
- [ ] Her appetite is down but she eats still , although she now hesitates and stares at her bowl before eating which she she has never done .
- [ ] She no longer is able to enjoy the things she used to like playing ball or frisbee or swimming .
- [ ] Her newest things in the last week are when she walks from one room to the other she will stop wait and then start walking again. Also her ears are pinned back a lot now and her breathing sometimes makes a wheezing sound .
- [ ]
We also have her on pain meds but don’t see it doing much
Would a vet consider these to be enough symptoms or am I being to sensitive? I just don’t want to be selfish though either. I really feel like her quality of life has diminished, even in the last month.
Looking for some outside advice !