06-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The vet didn't give us antibiotics. Her reasoning was that Honey has been on three courses of antibiotics in just the past 7 months (doxy for kennel cough when I adopted her, doxy again after her spay, and clavamox after her last surgery), so she doesn't want to give antibiotics until we know what's up, since the fever was low enough when I took her home. They want to know what the bloodwork says before they prescribe something. I guess the plus side is that the fever came down without medication. I haven't heard any news from the vet yet today, and I am nervous we'll have to wait until tomorrow to get the results because the tech said it could take 48 hours. They watched her all day yesterday and didn't seem terribly concerned when I picked her up, so I feel like I am a bit of a crazy person, but I know my dog and I know something is not right.
And otherwise the only medications she's on are heartworm/flea/tick preventatives, but she has been on those since I've had her without issue. She also hasn't gotten her June doses, because I give them on 23rd and 25th of every month.
I live really close to the vet (five minutes driving), so when they get the labs back, I will just go in to pick up medication, or I'll bring her back for more testing. Since they know I don't have far to go, I think they're trying to take it one day at a time. Not knowing what's wrong is really hard, though